POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! : Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please!
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Jul 2010 09:55:01
Message: <web.4c4d92c3cc8a6bf694d674070@news.povray.org>
"AS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm looking forward to the "genuine 3D" resp. 4D era.

why would a genuine, 1:1 representation of 3D reality be "4D" (except perhaps
for animation taking time into account)?  It's a common misconception I see with
my co-workers:  they say they'll skip 3D TVs and buy 4D when it comes.  It's
mostly for the humor, I guess, but I'm pretty sure some really believe it's a
label for new tech:  4D, 5D etc exactly like mp3...